Sunday July 24th, I woke up to Sunday’s sunrise, went for a morning run, and did some post-run yoga. Afterwards, I was ready for Sunday breakfast and made myself a Sweet Omelet. Many people requested I share the recipe, so here it is!
Sunday post-run breakfast: 💙 A blueberry & banana stuffed ~sweet omelette~ plus a random waffle ☀️
I actually almost messed up making this sweet omelet because, as you can see, I folded the omelet only 1/3 of the way instead of half-way, but now I think it actually looks better this way because you can see what the omelette is stuffed with (banana coins and blueberries). 😍
I then drizzled the sweet omelette with some ~crunchy almond butter~
This omelette was so good! I don’t think this photo does justice to show how fluffy and soft and delicious this was!!! 💙 It is grain and #glutenfree, #sugarfree, and just amazing… In my recipe below, I share my secrets to getting this soft and fluffy texture. Hint: it involves coconut flour!
This was delicious that I was sad when it was over. 😭 Hahaha.
Get the recipe below!
- 100 g egg whites
- 10 g coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- stevia to taste
- pinch salt
- coconut oil, for greasing the pan
- Banana, blueberries, for stuffing
- *Toppings: almond butter, more blueberries, bananas, etc.
- Whisk the first five ingredients together.
- Heat a pan to medium high heat. Grease with some coconut oil. Once heated, pour the mixture into the pan and swirl around to make a circle. After a couple minutes or so, add the banana slices and blueberries on *HALF* of the omelet, and then let it cook a little longer. Once it is cooked, fold the omelet over half or a third of the way (see photo).
- Turn off the heat. Serve, take a photo, enjoy, and share your photo with me on Snapchat or Instagram!
The rest of that Sunday looked like this.
Sunday baking: my gluten free & vegan oatmeal banana chocolate chip cookies, whole wheat biscottis, watermelon, and Sunday fish roast dinner. I’ll share more details about those in another blog post!
As always, thanks for reading! Don’t forget to let me know if you try my recipe!